Outreach Specialist Internship - Tafel Scholarship
Bike Share Pittsburgh (Healthy Ride) launched in 2015 and currently operates the bike share system in Pittsburgh, PA. With over 110 stations and 650 bikes, our mission is to is to expand access to public transit through easy-to-use, affordable active transportation opportunities. The Healthy Ride team is dedicated to creating safe, reliable, and memorable experiences for our riders, partners, and communities. We work 365 days a year to get people to think outside the car and try bicycling as a transportation alternative. We have a strong internal culture that emphasizes teamwork, inclusion, innovation, creativity, hard work, and fun, and we are looking for an Outreach Specialist to join our team this Spring/Summer 2020!
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for assisting the Marketing and Communication team in identifying new partners, making new contacts, attending partner events including engagement opportunities and group rides, and assisting with other Marketing projects as needed. This person works closely with the Director of Marketing and Community Outreach on marketing strategy, program initiatives, and promotions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Community Outreach in building and executing a seasonal outreach program
- Establish new contacts and build mutually beneficial relationships with new organizations and engagement opportunities
- Research and develop a database of Pittsburgh events
- Organize, attend, and participate in special partner events with a focus on engagement and education
- Work with Digital Communication Specialist on social media strategy and implementation as it relates to partnerships and end engagement
- Attend and help coordinate other special events as needed
- Other duties that may include basic web updates and administrative needs (continued)
The ideal student is excited about professional opportunities in the non-profit sector that focus on marketing, creative partnerships, and partnership development. This student has strong interpersonal communication skills, a knowledge of marketing strategy and principles, and is excited about connecting local residents and organizations to the bike share program. This person will work efficiently both independently and as a team. Enthusiasm and a positive attitude are a must. A passion for health and fitness, transportation, community organizing, and/or bicycling is strongly preferred.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Flexible schedule
- Free bike share membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D