Outreach and Marketing Intern - Tafel Scholarship
***For Pitt Business Students Only***
Organization: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh
Intern Job Description for University of Pittsburgh
Title: Outreach and Marketing Intern
About BBBS: Big Brothers Big Sisters is the Pittsburgh area’s leading mentoring organization. The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh is to make positive differences in the lives of children by providing one-to-one mentoring programs and related services that help youth discover their highest potential and grow to become responsible adults leading productive and rewarding lives.
Outreach and Marketing Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of BBBS Information Sessions and Lunch and Learns
- Help with preparation for Summer Mixer Series with strategic partners
- Distribute information to local locations to spread BBBS awareness
- Plan events and meetings to inform the public about BBBS opportunities
- Attend BBBS meetings and functions to learn more about the agency
- Participate at Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank Produce to People events and distribute information about BBBS
- Extend social media reach of agency through online mechanisms
- Organize master lists of community partners to spread information
- Create flyers and marketing materials for events
- Work independently to create a fundraising or outreach event
- Assist with BIG Recruitment Board, Young Professional Board, and other coalition groups within BBBS
Qualifications: Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to complete tasks with minor supervision, and an all-around interest in either non-profit fundraising, special events or marketing and communications.
Time: 10-15 hours a week, flexible
If interested, please email BBBS Chief Community Affairs Officer Tom Baker at email@example.com with your resume &cover letter. Questions:Call Tom 412-204-1217.