Summer 2020 Marketing Intern - Tafel Scholarship
***For College of Business Administration Students Only***
As a marketing intern, you will be expected to assist with in-house digital campaigns. You’ll be working with our team to help improve online visibility for RedTree in various ways. RedTree is a dynamic and collaborative company. You will be an independent self-starter who will be asked to utilize your current classroom skills and expand upon them to help develop the team’s long-term strategy and accomplish goals. This won’t be your typical internship. You won’t only be asked your opinion once in a while, you will be expected to take initiative and participate in discussions, projects, and more to really dive deep into our company practices and procedures. If this sounds like your cup of tea, branch out and apply to work with us.
- Understanding of social media platforms and how to maximize impact with minimum effort
- How to better define an online audience through personas and customer profiles
- All the basics of search engine optimization, from keyword research to on-site optimization, off-site optimization, and some technical SEO
- New, industry-relevant tools to measure growth and effectiveness
- Coordinates online marketing and advertising campaigns
- Analyzing data from social, email and website to impact future initiatives
- How to define, and successfully run A/B campaigns
- Taking initiatives to establish processes for marketing efforts
- Creating and executing multiple digital campaigns
This position requires the following but is not limited to:
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program at Pitt in Marketing or Business Information Systems
- Interested in learning by doing
- Preferred knowledge of Hootsuite and MailChimp
- Knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to: LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
Being at a small company means that each person has to contribute in areas that may or may not be inside of their description. Working at Redtree, we require that our core values be carried through:
- Accountability - Acts upon instructions and uses good judgment in situations requiring independent decision making.
- Integrity - The practice of being honest and having strong moral principles.
- Initiative - Is self-motivated and demonstrates the ability to fulfill job requirements without constant follow-up or supervision.
- Respect - Treating people as we wish to be treated and knowing when we are being mistreated to say something.