Information Technology/Operations Intern - Tafel Scholarship
***For College of Business Administration Students Only***
Information Technology/Operations Intern
Ascender is a non-profit whose goal is to increase the success rate of entrepreneurs by providing mentorship, resources, co-working space and networking support for entrepreneurs in the Pittsburgh region. This is an opportunity to assist the region’s entrepreneurs in building their companies.
· Identify technological pain points and business processes.
· Develop and implement strategies aimed at enhancing operations.
· Undertake research on tools a business should adopt to streamline and integrate data across various sources such as HubSpot, web payment processors, accounting platforms (i.e. Quickbooks), Social Media analytics tools, Emails, Mail Merge, CRMs, CMS, events platforms, and web platforms such as WordPress. Prior knowledge is not required, but a familiarity with other software platforms and ability to learn and have some functional skills are necessary.
- Evaluation (pros and cons of each), set-up and maintenance of CRM
· Create, audit and improve upon UI/UX. Knowledge of web design, coding, etc. a huge plus
· Platform development support (referencing the web platform/database)
- Automate mailing list development (newsletter, email collection, etc.) and other repetitive tasks.
- Media/content integration (video)
- Social media campaign assistance
- Event support
· Must be comfortable working with one or two startup companies with varying needs.
The ideal candidate will have earned or be in the process of earning an undergraduate or graduate degree in one of the following areas of study:
Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
Reliability and timely response to questions, emails, and tasks
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical skills and able to summarize research findings to actionable steps
Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Docs, internet-based research
Ability to work on several projects independently and brainstorm new strategies
Project management and exceptional organizational skills
Terms of employment:
10-20 hours per week (days and hours are flexible)
Please direct inquiries and resume to Tamera Szijarto at firstname.lastname@example.org